Aloo Matar, Boondi Ka Raita, White Pumpkin Bhaaji, Masalewaali Bhindi With Dal Parantha & Salad)
Fasting is done on Monday as it is considered very auspicious to fast for four to five Mondays in the month of Sawan. This fasting is considered equivalent to 16 Monday fast, that is why every body tries to appease Lord Shiva by adulating or meditating these days. Young girls also perform “Gauri puja” to get their dream boy. Every devotee deifies Lord Shiva for one reason or the other.
I am fasting on these auspicious days of Sawan. I cooked food with out onion & garlic on this day. Recipes are very simple & fast to cook.
- 2 medium Potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tsp – Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Lal Mirchi ( Red Chili) Powder pd (acc. to taste)
- ½ tsp Haldi (Turmeric) Powder
- 1 tsp Dhaniya (Coriander) Powder
- 2½ tbsp Oil
- 1¼ cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- When they spluttered add chopped tomatoes.
- Add garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, coriander & salt.
- Stir well and fry for a minute Add potatoes & peas.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover the pan and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- You can use frozen peas also.