Happy Spring to all of you! Weather is on the verge of warming up and hopefully we had the last snow of this season on that very first day of spring. Sun is going to sleep little late now and so do I. Good news is now we can go out and enjoy long walks, sit outside savor sunlight and compensate for all the vitamin D we missed in gloomy and dark winter months.
It’s not that, I go for hibernation in winter months, my chef hat was perched on my head all the time. In fact I feel winter months are good time for baking. There are few recipes in my draft but somehow never get a chance to write and share!!
This is the recipe I made on Sakat Chauth, it’s called Tilbugga or Til Ke Ladoo.
- 1 cup Khoya
- 1½ cups coarsely powdered roasted Sesame Seeds (Til)
- 1½ cups Powdered Sugar or Boora
- ½ tsp. Cardamom Powder
- Kesar, Silvered Almonds and Pistachios for garnishing
- Roast khoya on low flame till it is very light golden-yellow color.
- Let it cool for few minutes.
- Then add coarsely powdered roasted sesame seeds and cardamom powder. Mix it.
- Now add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Shape it into small balls.
- Garnish them with kesar or nuts of your choice.