Tahari is a rice dish popular in north india specifically in Uttar Pradesh.Its a must thing for a lunch every sunday back at home in india.I really have a good childhood memories related to tahari & i still relish it quite a lot.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Potatoes, peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- few florets of Cauliflower
- ½ cup Peas
- ½ cup Carrots, cut in small cubes
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- ½ tsp coriander pd
- 1 tsp jeera
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 8 Cloves
- 4 Cardamoms
- small piece of Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add jeera, ginger paste, garlic bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon .
- Fry for a min till u can smell the aroma, add all vegetables & rice , stir fry for few minutes.
- When the rice start turning white add turmeric, coriander pd, garam masala, salt ,& chilli pd .
- Add 2 & ½ cups of water & tomatoes.
- Stir once lightly, cook till the rice is done.
- Serve hot with buttermilk, pickle, papad & salad.
This is my entry to JFI-August hosted by Sharmi of Neivedyam.