There is nothing like a steaming hot bowl of tomato soup with croutons (Oh Boy! that is the must thing with tomato soup) on a cool windy night. Wow, Soups makes the winters bearable and pleasurable.
- 4 Red Tomatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/2 Beet Root
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 boiled potato
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp cream (optional)
- Cut tomatoes, carrots, onion, beet root and garlic in a big chunks.
- Pressure cook vegetables with 4 cups of vegetable stock or water salt and bay leaf.
- Once vegetables are done keep it aside to cool down.
- Fish out the bay leaf at this point and put everything in a grinder with a boiled potato and sugar.
- Grind it until smooth.
- Now give it a boil in a pan stirring constantly (Taste it if acidic add more sugar) Just before serving add cream in it.
- Serve hot with croutons(as many as u want), Pepper (straight from the grinder) and coriander leaf on top.
This recipe is also going for a SWC:Soups event hosted by Neha of TASTY RECIPES