I love my son but I don’t know if I feel the same for summer vacations. These days no early mornings, no rushing, no running for the school bus instead calm, quite morning time with my first cup of tea but still a question in my mind do I really like summer vacations? Though I must admit summer vacations gives lot of quality time to spend with your kids but we have 24 hours in a day and lots of other chores to finish. I can handle “I’m bored!”, “I played with all my toys!”, “Now what will I do?” kind of questions but what really bugs me “I’m Hungry, Can I eat something good?”
This is not the ending, when you are in the kitchen there is always a volunteer for the help. “Can I help in something?” If you say no of course! you are a bad mom but your yes! may not be any help for you. (you know what I mean…) No matter how much you wanted to say no but there are times when yes! is the only option.
I like doing different activities with my son. In school days he is so busy with his regular routine and after school activities there is hardly any time to connect or spend with each other. Time is already flying, in few years all these activities will be beautifully wrapped in a scrapbook. And our present time will become memories of the past….So I decided lets make some beautiful memories!!
Besides drawing, painting, unloading dishwasher, reading, playing board and card games and other activities, baking is the thing that we both enjoy. Our today’s recipe is fun and very interesting. Its yummy… delicious and an eye catcher.
Ice cream cone cupcakes are fun, quick and easy recipe. It looks like a ice-cream but actually its a cupcake baked in an oven and frosted like a ice cream.
- Cake Batter of choice
- 1 pack flat-bottomed Ice Cream Cones
- 1 jar frosting of choice
- Cherries and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take a muffin pan, and wrap foil tightly over the top.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a small X into the foil.
- Gently push the ice cream cone into the X.
- This will allow the cones to stand up nicely and not fall over.
- Transfer batter into a container with a pour spout.
- Pour batter into ice cream cones, filling each ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake the cupcakes cone for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Frost and decorate with your choice of toppings.