Are they really cool ??? Well I searched and my research says… It’s true! They says..It’s much cooler inside of a cucumber than outside! So with out any wait take advantage of this fact by eating lots of cooling cucumbers on coming hot summer days. We can do so many things with it. Add cucumber slices to salads, sandwiches (my all time favorite), wraps, cold noodle dishes or pasta salads. But I like my “Desi” recipes like Matra chaat with cucumber, Upma with cucumber, desi style canapés with corn and cucumber and last but not least my favorite “CUCUMBER RAITA” .
- 1 Kheera (Cucumber)- Grated
- 2 cups Dahi (yogurt) (if thick add water)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Saunf Pd (Fennel Seeds Pd)
- 1/2 tsp Bhuna Jeera Pd (roasted cumin seeds pd)
- Lal Mirch Pd (R-chilli pd) to taste
- Chaat masala and chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- Whisk yogurt with salt until smooth.
- Add grated cucumber and rest of the ingredients in it.
- Mix well and chilled until the time you want to serve.
It goes well as a dip and foods like stuffed parantha, pulav or just cucumber raita on hot summer day.
This recipe is well suited for AFAM:Cucumber event hosted by Neha of Tasty Recipes
Thank You Neha and Thank You Maheshwari of Beyond The Usual for starting it.