Its a simple classic dish, cooking time very less, easy to make and tastes really good with chapatis and yogurt. Its one of my handy-dish, which never fails to charm.
- 1 Cauliflower, chopped in to bite-sized florets
- 1 1/2 cup Peas, fresh shelled or frozen
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander pd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric pd
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp aamchoor/mango pd
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Heat oil in a flat-bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds, when they start to crackle add coriander pd, turmeric pd, garam masala and chopped green chillies.
- Mix and stir for few seconds and add cauliflower and peas.
- Add salt and mix it well so that cauliflower and peas are well-coated with the spices.
- Cook it uncovered on medium-high flame until cauliflower is light brown in color. (this helps cauliflower to stay crunchy).
- Now add 2 tbsp of water, cover and cook it until they both are cooked.
- Sprinkle mango pd and chopped coriander leaves at the end before serving
- Most of the time I make this dish without onion, garlic and tomatoes to get the real taste of vegetables with spices.
Gobi matar is really excited for attending 2 events going on-