This is also my entry to Summer Express Cooking Event.
Weekend was good; Sunday morning our Breakfast was Cheelay with Green Chutney. This recipe comes from my Mom-in-law.
Besan Ke Cheelay
- 2 cups Besan
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, small finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- Few Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1- ½ cup Water (for batter)
- Oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients except water in a big bowl.
- Now start adding water in small quantity to make a smooth batter, so that there should be no lumps in it. (I use egg whisk to make it smooth)
- Add water till it comes to a thick pouring consistency or like an idly batter.
- Heat a non-stick- tawa or heavy bottom frying pan, then turn the heat on medium.
- Put little oil on tawa & spread 1 serving spoonful of batter evenly on it , with the help of a ladle like a thin pancake.
- Put some more oil on the top and when it cooked turn it upside down.
- Let it be brown & crispy from both sides.
- Repeat the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney and chilled lassi or steaming hot ginger tea.