If you are looking for a super easy recipe on a lazy day, you are at right place. This is one of my favorite recipe for such days when you don’t want to cook elaborate meal but still dinner makes happy faces. I made this recipe last night for dinner and sharing as quickly as I can in the morning. The most important ingredient you needed for this is Roasted Red Pepper Pesto. Making pesto is always easy, as you have to put everything in the blender and make it in to thick purée. But yesterday I prefer store bought pesto and whip a quick pasta ever.
- 1 1/2 cup Pasta of choice boiled until al dente
- 10 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 Pine nuts, roasted
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano- Reggiano Cheese, grated
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Basil leaves
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Now add mushroom and cook until the water cooks-off.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper.
- Give it a quick stir and cook for a minute. Pour pesto, pine nuts and cheese.
- Mix all together and serve garnished with basil and additional cheese.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 2 large Roasted Red Peppers
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan-Reggiano, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sea salt
- In a food processor, throw in the roasted red peppers, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, fresh basil, Parmesan-Reggiano, crushed red pepper, garlic and pine nuts, and pulse until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.