What you guys do on sunday morning, when Mr sunshine is taking a break and its raining outside? You don’t have any early commitments? No deadlines and when other chores can wait??
A lazy Sunday mornings with a cup of ginger tea and a I-Pad to curl up with…after a while, browsing idly here and there, you jump from the couch with a thought, “how about baking a cake”?
How many of you agreeing with this thought?
It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do. Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. I read it somewhere and noted down at once as I really concur the opinion
After browsing lot of fancy recipes, I decided on a simple marble cake. My little helper with a gleam in his eyes, pulled the chair in the middle of the kitchen, sit there ready, with a recipe in his hand. He helps me, reading all the instructions step by step and sometimes in mixing too. He is my major critique and a consumer of my goods.
- 1½ cups Maida(All Purpose Flour)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Thick Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Zest Of Orange
- 2 tbsp Pistachios Powder
- Few Sliced Pistachios
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the cake pan.
- Mix Yogurt, sugar and Salt.
- In another Bowl mix flour and pistachios powder.
- Add baking powder and baking soda, mix it gently, and allow to stand for 3 minutes, until you see bubbles on top.
- Add oil, vanilla essence and orange zest in the batter. And mix it well.
- Now add flour and milk alternately. Fold the batter very gently.
- Divide the batter in to half, mix cocoa powder in one half.
- Now pour both the batter alternately in the baking pan.
- Top it with little orange zest and pistachios slices.
- Bake it for 40 to 45 minutes until the cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool down the cake for 10 minutes.
- Cut it in to pieces and enjoy with tea or coffee.