Upma For Breakfast
- 1 cup Roasted semolina/sooji
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp roasted Channa Dal
- 1 tbsp roasted Cashew nuts(optional)
- Lime Juice
- Chaat Masala
- Chopped cucumber and tomatoes
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, roasted channa dal, cashews and onion.
- Saute till onion is brown, now add roasted sooji and 2 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Add salt and cover the pan and allow it simmer on low heat until it becomes little thick.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and lime juice.
- Serve hot with ginger tea garnished with chopped cucumber, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- For making it spicy –add chilli pd or green chillies.
Thanks Vijaya, i made upma after a long time. Somehow it just faded in my memory but ur post refreshed my memory and this is one good start of one fine morning……