Mix Vegetable Kadhi
- 1 ½ cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp besan
- 1 3/4 cups of water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 or 6 curry leaves
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Hing (asafetida pd)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric Pd
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pd
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup chopped mix vegetables
- (carrots, potatoes, beans, peas any other veggie of your choice)
- Mix the yogurt, besan and water and stir until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafetida Pd and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the onions and sauté for a minute. A
- dd turmeric, cayenne and coriander and stir for a minute..
- Add the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the yogurt mixture, give it a boil and cook it till done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Rice.
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 3 Whole peppercorns
- 2 Bay leafs
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to Taste
- 2 cups water
- Wash the rice and soak in water for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks and peppercorns and fry for a while.
- Now add onions and fry till nice and brown.
- When onions are done add rice, salt, water and stir.
- Cover with a lid and simmer the flame.
- Cook until the rice is done.
- Serve jeera rice with Mix vegetable kadhi.