- 1 cup dried peas (Matra as we call it )
- (Soaked for 8 hours and Boiled)
- 1 tsp of ginger and garlic
- Cumin seed Pd, Coriander Pd, Garam masala Pd, Fennel seed Pd Acc. to ur taste
- Little bit of Turmeric Pd
- 2 tbsp of Tamarind Chutney
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non stick pan
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Saute it for 2o seconds and add all the masala Pd.
- Again Saute it for few seconds and add boiled matra (peas).
- Add enough water to prevent sticking on bottom of the pan.
- Give it a boil and add salt and tamarind chutney at end.
Ohh..I forget to mention chopped green chillies if u want it hot and spicy.
- Chopped onion, tomatoes, cucumber, raw mango
- (vegetable of ur choice to make it healthy for children)
- Chopped Coriander
How to Serve-
This is what I love about Misal Paav and Dabeli.
Take enough of misal in a bowl, add chopped vegetables and garnish it with papri , sev and chopped Coriander.
Serve hot this Colorful and Tempting bowl with Paav and tamarind and green chutneys on sides.