- 1 cup matra (dried yellow peas) soaked in water for 4-5 hours.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin seeds Pd
- 1/2 tsp chilli Pd
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds Pd
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Pd
- Tamarind chutney or lemon juice
- Chopped coriandar leaves
- Chaat masala
- Pressure cook dried peas until soft but not mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all masalas and stir it for few seconds.
- Add boiled Matra and mix it well.(add little bit of water if needed)
- Add salt and tamarind chutney or lemon juice and cook it for a while.
- Serve hot with sprinkled chat masala, garnished with chopped coriander leaves and platter of finely chopped onion, cucumber, tomatoes, grated carrot and wedges of lemon.
- 2 cups of Maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1tsp of yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of oil
- warm water or milk to knead as needed
- Mix yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of water.
- Keep it aside for 5 minute until frothy.
- Mix maida, yogurt, salt, oil and yeast mixture.
- Make a soft and smooth dough with the help of warm water or milk as needed.
- Keep the dough for 4-5 hours in a warm place.
- When its fermented, divide the dough in to equal portions and roll it in to thick puris.
- Place it on greased baking tray and keep it aside covered again for 15 minutes.
- When the rolled kulches are puffed up a little, brush the top with milk , sprinkle kalonji and bake in pre-heated oven at 275 degree F for 7-8 minutes (until u get brown spot on top).
- Before serving with Matra fry kulcha with some butter on griddle.
- Serve Hot and enjoy good food.
- Use yeast in cold weather when fermentation is not easy just with yogurt.
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup mango Puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chilled water
- 3 tbsp sugar (acc. to taste)
- pistachios (chopped) for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender very well.
- Serve chilled this refreshing drink garnished with pistachios on top.
This is my entry for RCI- HARYANA hosting by Simple Indian Food
Thanks for hosting the event.