Queen of England and I share something in common, our liking for the afternoon tea. (pun intended) I am in love with my cup of tea. Tea is like a best friend who always gives me comfort and smile on my face. A cup of tea always sounds good when you wanted your brain to relax with the body. Late afternoon time is the best time to relish it because you are done with most of your morning chores and the prep work for the evening is also done.
Company is always welcome but during my afternoon tea I like to be with myself, my I-Pad or a good book or a show of my choice. These kind of “me time” are important as they keep you connected with yourself rejuvenates your mind and make it clear and ready to tackle with why, what, where, when questions of your child.
well, its not just tea the whole setting with the tea is also important. Neat quite corner to relax, steaming ginger tea(my favorite) in my most liked color cup and sometimes a light food to munch on like a good cookie, tea cakes or a light sandwich. Sounds like a heaven, right!. I am lucky enough to have these me-time that keeps me going and most important connected with you. Yes! this is the time when I relax, think, talk and share with you. Sometimes I bake for myself to make this special time more special. Like today I am sharing this delicious recipe of pound cake with my favorite two things- lemon and coconut.
- 1¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup softened Butter
- ¾ cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 tbsp. shredded Coconut
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup mixed color Tutti frutti (Candied Raw Papaya)
- ½ tsp. Lemon Essence (optional)
- Shredded Coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix baking powder and salt in flour.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add coconut milk, eggs, essence, lime zest, and lime juice; mix until smooth.
- Add flour mixture on low speed until all combined and smooth.
- Now mix shredded coconut and tutti frutti in the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy it with tea or coffee.