Sprouted Moong with Bottle Gourd
Lauki (Bottle Gourd) was a vegetable I hate to eat whenever my mom use to cook it. It was so blend and who cares for nutritional facts at that time.(Now I try my level best so that my son likes eating it)
Few weeks back I invited our friends for dinner. I opened my refrigerator and my shinning bottle gourd sitting there looking at me. I had limited vegetables so i thought lets gave a chance to my few years of experience in cooking. I took out few things which are handy and new recipe for bottle gourd was born. Still i didn’t have a courage to post that recipe in my blog, but thanks to my friend who called me next day and gave me courage to post it in my blog by asking the recipe.
- 2 cups Lauki (Bottle Gourd), cut in cubes
- 1 cup sprouted Moong
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp Bisi Bela Bhat Masala
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Grapes, cut in halves
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Pinch of Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Microwave cubed Lauki in some water for six minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, ginger and green chili.
- When cumin seeds are done add onion and fry it till it becomes light brown in color.
- Add tomato and fry till oil separates.
- Add Bisi Bela Bhat masala & fry it for few seconds and then add sprouted moong.
- Add little water and let it cook for few minutes.
- Now its time for Lauki to go in a pan
- Add 1/2 cup of water (or as needed) & salt. Cover it and cook it till done.
- When Lauki and Moong is all soft, add grapes, sugar and lime juice.
- Give it a stir and cook it for a minute.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle garam masala on top.
- Serve hot with Chapati or Rice.