Gifts, new clothes, mithais and lot of happiness and exuberance around….yes! that’s what festivals gives us while breaking the monotony of work and busy life. If festivals are not there our lives will be like robots with no emotions and feelings to share with family and friends. Festivals are regular days, just an excuse to rejoice and spend special time with loved ones. These are the days to break rules, diets and enmity whereas strengthens the bonds of love and responsibilities for each other. One such day to celebrate the emotional bonding between brothers and sisters is around the corner. A very very Happy Raksha Bandhan to all of you in advance.
I wanted to dedicate this post to my brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan Bhai!
Any festival is incomplete without sweet. And in the time of healthy, sugar-less sweets, this sweet will be a perfect treat for a health conscious, exercise freak, brother. This roll is like an energy bar with dates and nuts. Khajoor rolls are not new to me, my friend in UK introduced this recipe to me almost 8 years back. This is a quick recipe with hardly any work and looks delicious.
What will be a more healthier way to celebrate “bond of love” ? Be ready with an extra box to pack this yummy treat for your brother.
- 2 cups Khajoor (Dates), pitted & chopped
- 1 cup mixed Dry Fruits, toasted & chopped
- 1 tsp. Desi Ghee
- ½ tsp. Cardamom Powder
- Few drops Rose Essence (optional)
- Shredded coconut for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan. Add khajoor.
- Cook khajoor while mixing it well.
- Cook until they are soft.
- Mix dry fruits, cardamom powder and rose essence.
- Mix it well and let it cool for sometime.
- Roll the mixture into a thick log.
- Roll it on shredded coconut and wrap it tightly in cling film.
- Refrigerate it until firm.
- Cut it in to slices and serve.