Hi, this is the month of festivity & fun. Or you can say our holiday season, of course. All the festivals are almost there…especially Diwali. But let’s talk about Navaratri & Dusherra first. Today is the fourth day of navaratri and I am fasting all nine like always. So I am going to eat specific vegetables & spices and no grains. Its festival time so let’s start with a healthy sweet (Believe me it is)
This recipe comes from one of my good friend (all the best to her coz she is due any time..)
- 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup mixed nuts Chopped
- (Almonds, cashew, pistachio, walnuts anything of your choice)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- In a non- stick pan, Melt ghee on slow flame and add Dates in it and keep smashing it until it blends well and turns soft.
- Add chopped nuts and mix well along with dates in slow flame. Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, spread it on to a greased surface, with a greased rolling pin (I use my palm for it)
- Gently roll from the edge as tightly as possible and wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Keep it aside for 2 hours and when ready to eat cut the roll in thin slices.
- Enjoy no guilt sweet.