Hi, Hope everybody had a good time on rakshabanbhan. Rakshabandhan is a festival of love, thread & food. When you are here & your brother is in India, it’s not that good but this time it’s special because it was first rakshabandhan of my 6 months old baby.
He had a good time though was not very keen to wear a kurta pyjama, and I try to make it extra special by making queen of sweets RASMALAI.
- 1 Tin Haldiram’s Rasgullas
- 21/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar (acc. To taste)
- Mixed crushed nut (like almonds, cashews, pistachios)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- Rose essence few drops
- Saffron few strands
- Boil milk & sugar, add saffron and cardamom powder and simmer the milk for some time till half of the milk left.
- Add mixed nuts and rose essence.
- Take out rasgullas from can and squeeze out the syrup (I use two spoons for squeezing)
- Drop them in the milk for some time.
- Garnish with nuts.
- Serve chilled.