This month we celebrated 5Th year anniversary of Jab We Met…. yeah! we met 5 years back as strangers over a cup of Cappuccino. That’s what we ordered and spent some time talking and knowing each other. Coincidentally he was wearing shirt of my favourite color, and being fan of “Dil To Pagal Hai” I thought its a sign from above (ya! those days) and that color is everywhere in our home now.
We met as Strangers, Started as a Couple and now “Three” is a company.
On our Fifth Anniversary of Jab We Met I made Cappuccino (Tried ya, at home without Machine) just to relive our first meeting all over again.
I tried it for the first time ( we both are Tea Lovers – Adrak Ki Chai) and it comes out fairly good. But today I want to share much delayed recipe for-
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 pineapple rings/slices
- 6 maraschino cherries ( I used 11)
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 2tsp Baking powder
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 c Sugar (or less up to your taste)
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Milk
- For Caramel–
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan.
- Add brown sugar and mix it very well.
- When sugar starts caramelizing, pour it in to a greased cake pan.
- Arrange pineapple and cherries according to the shape of the pan.
- For Cake-
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking pd and salt.
- Separate the yolk and white of eggs.
- Beat yolk with Butter and Sugar until light and lemony yellow.
- Add dry ingredients and vanilla essence.
- Add milk mix it well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff then fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour it on arranged pineapple and cherries.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for up to 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 min, and then raise the curtain by turning it upside down.
- Cake is ready to serve.