This dal is easy, quick, light and tastes good with both chapatis and rice. My husband is not very fond of chana dal so I don’t make it that often, but on some lazy days with lot of sunlight this food will make my day.
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 1 cup Ghiya/lauki/Bottle Gourd
- 1 tsp Ginger-grated or crushed
- 2 Green chillies-chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric pd
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Pinch of Hing/Asafetida powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Pd
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor Pd
- Pinch of Garam Masala PdFinely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Wash and soak Chana dal for at least 15 minutes or more.
- Peel, wash and cut lauki in to small cubes.
- Pressure cook dal with lauki, turmeric pd, salt, green chillies, ginger and 1 and 1/2 cup of water. Cook it till the dal is soft and done.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds when they start to crackle, add hing and chilli pd.
- Add boiled dal in it. Mix it well
- Add water if needed. give it a boil and add amchoor pd and garam masala.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatis.