This is my entry to Jihva Special Edition 2007 hosted by dear vee.
Thank You Vee.
Gajar Ka Halwa
- Grated carrot 1 kg
- Milk 1 litre
- Whole dried milk (mawa) ½ Cup
- Sugar 1 cups
- Ghee 2 tbsp.
- Dry fruits (sliced almond and cashew nuts, raisin ) ½ cup
- Cardamom powder ½ tsp.
- Put milk and grated carrots in a heavy base saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Cook over medium heat until all the milk gets dried up.
- You should stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, ¼ cup dry fruits and continuously stir for 5-7 minutes.
- Add ghee and mawa. Stir well and fry on low heat until ghee starts separating.
- Decorate with remaining dry fruits.
- Serve Hot or Cold.