I decided to make Egg curry for my husband one evening. Egg curry means left-overs for me. Somehow I’m not able to develop taste for this curry. While I was making it I realised amount of curry is too much for 3 eggs. Then and there I decided to make Curried Rice.
- 5 Boiled Eggs
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 green chili (u can add more if want spicy)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Puree
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- Masala- Turmeric, coriander, roasted jeera pd, chili pd, garam masala, salt
- Fry Boiled eggs in hot oil until light brown in color. Keep them aside to cool.
- Grind onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil, add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
- Add all the masalas fry for sometime and add tomato puree in it.
- Fry till you can see oil on the edges.
- Add yogurt mixed in a cup of water (if making curried rice later add 2 cups of water 🙂 ) and boil on a medium flame. (stir in between if necessary)
- Cut the eggs in to halves (vertically) and add them in to gravy.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes or until it reached to the thickness of your choice.
- Garnish egg curry with garam masala and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with paratha, roti, naan or rice.
Tip- After mixing yogurt if u see little chunks of it in the gravy or if the gravy is not smooth, Blend it in the blender before adding eggs.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Few cloves and whole black pepper
- Left over curry
- 1 cup Rice (soaked in water )
- 2 cups Water
- Garnishing of your choice
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cloves and peppers.
- Add curry and fry it for few seconds.
- Now add rice and mix it well. Add water and salt (if needed) cover and cook till done.
- Serve hot with Egg Curry or Curry of your choice.
Thank You Divya, Thank You Sunita-Sunita’s World