As the temperature is rising up, colorful flowers and lush green grass are welcoming us for more outdoor activities, we need a instant energizer and a drink to beat the heat of a full sun. I am a true, loyal tea fan, yes! adrak ki chai but to beat the heat of summers my all time favorite drink is Cold Coffee. I don’t remember going to any restaurant in India that does not serve cold coffee. Cold coffee with vanilla ice cream…what a wondrous combination. And if its served with the cucumber sandwich then, well, I am in a food heaven!
I do not want to advertise Nescafe …for free 😉 but I totally trust the brand for my cold coffee. It is so easy and quick to make, with ingredients most of you probably already have in the kitchen. It is, in fact, the very first drink I used to make myself in my younger days with lot of crushed ice to make the coffee more frothy and icy.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp. Instant Coffee
- Sugar to taste
- ½ cup Ice Cubes, crushed
- 2 scoops Vanilla Ice-cream
- Blend milk, coffee and sugar in a mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add crushed ice and ice cream.
- Mix it again for few seconds.
- Serve cold with the topping of your choice.
- I like it with an extra scoop of ice cream and grated chocolate on top.