Cold weather, chilly winds, gray skies and snow all around…..the whole canvas is pure white. Yes! Dear Winter…we are talking about you. No doubt, Fresh snow looks blissful and pure…. indubitably, the best scenic view for the eyes to capture! But not for long….lack of colors in life always makes me grumpy and dull. I crave for colors in life so much, that colors can boost up my energy instantly and gives smile on my face.
A small bunch of bright red color flowers are good enough to add good energy in the life and home. Same goes for food too. I believe in a saying…….”You eat first with your eyes, then your nose, then your mouth…..”.
This bright and sunny winter salad is the perfect remedy to erase the gray side of winter. It is fresh, healthy and very versatile. One can add blood orange, grapefruit, tangerine any citrus fruit of your choice. Adding silvered nuts or roasted coconut flakes will give bite and enhance the flavor.
- Strawberries hulled, sliced
- Navel Oranges
- Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- Few springs of fresh Mint
- Lemon Juice
- Brown Sugar/Honey
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges.
- Cut between membranes to release segments.
- Combine fruit in large shallow bowl.
- Squeeze all the juice from the oranges into a separate bowl, then stir in the lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Pour the syrup over the fruit and sprinkle with fresh mint.
- Refrigerate the salad for some time and serve chilled.