- 1 packet Dumpling Skins
- 1 ½ Cups finely chopped Carrots, Beans, Mushrooms, colored Peppers, scallions or any vegetable of ur choice
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Chopped Ginger and Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil to stir-fry
- In a stir-fry pan, heat oil add ginger and garlic, all the vegetables and cook for 2 mins.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper cook 2 more mins till all the liquid evaporates.
- Once its done let it cool.
- Take dumpling skin, place 1 tsp of filling in the centre, damp the edges with water and shape dumpling of ur choice.
- Make all the dumplings you needed.
- You can store them in the freezer for later use if u want.
- Get a pot of salted water to a boil, in batches, add the dumplings and boil until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- You can serve them with dipping sauces. But here we are working for Soup.
- First we have to make vegetable stock.
- Take 2 cups of mixed vegetables of your choice (I use potato, carrot, celery, onion that’s all available for me today)
- Cut all the vegetables in to big chunks.
- Take a stockpot with 5 cups of water.
- Add all the vegetables, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of chopped ginger, bay leaf, 4 cloves and few peppercorns.
- Put it on a high flame till it started to boil and then simmer it for an hour.
- Strain the stock in a colander, keep it aside and you are good to go.
- When ready to serve, boil the stock , add green onion, sprouted soya beans, salt, ½ tsp of sugar, pepper and dumplings boil for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot with a bottle of tobacco sauce for the added spicy kick if needed on choice.
For more detailed recipe for stock refer to- http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Making-Vegetable-Stock/Detail.aspx Its very helpful
I’m sending this recipe to Dear Sia of beautiful Blog http://www.monsoonspice.com/ for the event JFI-Soya. Thank u Sia for the opportunity.
On Chinese New Year’s eve, making and eating dumpling is a tradition in China. Family members would get together to make it.