This is my entry to RCI: Karnataka Cuisine hosted by Asha of Foodies Hope. Thank You Asha for hosting this beautiful event…
Bisi Bela Bhath
- 1 cup long-grained Rice
- ¾ cup Toor Daal
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Beans, Potatoes, Peas)
- 1 cup Tamarind Juice (soak golf ball sized lump of tamarind in 1 cup water for 15 minutes. Squeeze out juice.)
- 3 tbsp Bisi Bela Bhath Masala
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup Peanuts, roasted
- ½ cup Coconut, shredded
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 10 Cashew Nuts
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Onions, thin sliced
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Wash toor dal & rice.
- Add mixed vegetables and 2 cups of water to it.
- Half cook it in a pressure cooker. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves. When they stop spluttering add ginger-garlic & onions and fry till soft.
- Add tomatoes, when they turn soft add bisi bela bhath masala. When it start leaving oil at corners add peanuts, coconut & cooked rice-dal and vegetables.
- Add the tamarind juice and 1 cup of water to this and bring to a boil.
- Add salt to taste and cook till all ingredients are done.
- Heat a little ghee and fry cashew nuts until golden brown in color.
- Add it to the rice just before ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leave.
- Serve hot with boondi raita.